Job Title: Machine Builder
AmeriChem Systems, Inc. is a fast-growing manufacturer of custom fabricated systems.
We offer a challenging career in a role where you can have significant impact on our company’s success and enjoy being part of a hardworking and winning team.
As a Machine Builder, you will be a member of the fabrication team providing expertise in support of manufacturing. The machine builder is responsible for fitting and assembling components according to assembly drawings, manuals, engineering memos, sketches and/or knowledge of machine construction. This position requires a strong technical ability and is for a motivated individual who enjoys a variety of responsibility.
- Verifies conformance of parts to bill of material and drawings, using measuring instruments, such as calipers, gauges, and micrometers
- Machine assembly from bill of material and drawings
- Assembling pneumatic and hydraulic circuits from drawings
- Electrical wiring
- Machine start-up and packaging
- Interpret fabrication drawings, following applicable best practices and work instructions.
- Collaborate and communicate with the project engineer and operations personnel throughout the entire project cycle
- Uphold professional and technical communication standards throughout the organization
- Knowledge and experience in various fabrication techniques
- Ability to work with power tools (i.e. Band saws, bench grinders)
- Ability to work with hand tools
- Machining skills: lathe, mill, cutting tools
- Ability to read mechanical, electrical and pneumatic drawings
- Understanding of ISO 9001:2015 QMS
- Strong team member
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong technical competencies
- Highly adaptive to new concepts and techniques
- Requires excellent problem-solving skills, with the ability to find ways to work under pressure and still make deadlines without cutting corners or endangering the integrity of the equipment and/or the employer as a whole.
- Willingness to participate in internal training to expand technical background.
- Requires ability to interact professionally with other departments, customers and suppliers.
- Shop Environment
- Rapidly changing schedules and deadlines.
- Heavy Work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 25 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Visual Acuity: Position requires visual acuity to inspect the quality of their work
- Work Environment: Moderate noise.
- Environmental Conditions: Outdoor weather conditions. Extreme heat (temperatures above 100° for periods of more than one hour). Vibration. Exposure to oscillating movements of the extremities or whole body. Hazards. (Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current)
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- 1-2 years of experience in fabrication or manufacturing